Vancouver Island Sustainable Technology Association (VISTA) is a registered non-profit society in British Columbia, Canada helping to represent Vancouver Island based technology students / academic leaders, investors, researchers, innovators and economic development teams focused on accelerating sustainable technology and initiatives.
The primary goal of VISTA is (but not limited to) the management, coordination and operation of the annual Vancouver Island Sustainable Technology Expo which rotates each year between Nanaimo, Greater Victoria and Campbell River.
VISTA Expo : By the Island - On the Island - For the Island, Region and Global Marketplace.
Vancouver Island, lying about 80 km off the coast from the city of Vancouver and about 100 miles north of Seattle, is the largest island in the Pacific east of New Zealand.
Home to the Capital of British Columbia, Vancouver Island’s vibrant technology sector is served by 3 universities and 2 multi-campus community colleges comprising of more than 50,000 students. For many years the island has focused on sustainability and the mix of university level research, government and private investment, commercialized innovation and deployed projects - including those by most of the 53 First Nations on Vancouver Island - is testimony to this.
Acknowledged more and more as engaging to help lead both west coast and national decision making Vancouver Island is planning its 4th annual full day Vancouver Island Sustainable Technology Expo.
The VISTA Expo aims to present some of the best sustainable technology talent, through panel discussions, poster-boards, booth exhibitors and stakeholders with island and regional experts in attendance.
VISTA Expo 2018 Schedule
(check back for updates)
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
- Exhibit Booth Set Up : 7:30-8:00 am
- Media, Sponsor-Support Recognition / Networking / Registration : 8-8:30am
- Opening Remarks, : 8:30 - 9:30am
- Expo Launch / Exhibit Trade Floor Opens
- Discussion Panel 1 - " To Be Announced " : 9:45-10:45am
- Workshop 1 : " To Be Announced " 10:50am
- Two Mid Day Panels (either side of a number of 3 min industry announcements ) :
- Discussion Panel 2- "To Be Announced " : 11 - Noon
- Discussion Panel 3 - "To Be Announced " : 1:00 - 2:00pm
- Two Afternoon Workshops : 2:30-3:30 pm
- Workshop 2 "To Be Announced " - Discussion by Island CEO's and Students
- Workshop 3 "Meet with VISTA"
- Discussion Panel 4 " To Be Announced " : 3:45 - 4:45pm
- Sponsor - Exhibitor Appreciation, Acknowledgements, Announcements
- Expo Close - Networking : 5:00pm